- November 2009 – Cell phone charger redesigns
- Dec 2009 Newsletter – Zero Waste and healthcare
- January 2010 – the plasma destruction boondoggle
- February 2010 Newsletter – the real scandal at the Kettleman Hills chemical dump
- March 2010 Newsletter, a song about reuse, Pineapple Rag
- May 2010 Newsletter – First designs often fail
- June 2010 Newsletter – reusing tantalum from capacitors
- July 2010 Newsletter – Composting in Naples and a tantalum update
- August 2010 Newsletter – Rare earths; the CPSC
- Sept 2010 Newsletter – E-waste scams (see list below)
ELECTRONIC RECYCLING EXPOSE’S
- Discover News – Don’t Recycle Your Computer
- Fake Recyclers This is funny. One set of fakers trying to warn you against other fakers.
- Fake Recyclers We’re saying we use real “proper recyclers”. They just say they really use “proper recyclers”
- A confusing story about the world’s only remaining TV Monitor refurbishing outfits that used to be common in the US and other western countries but were put out of business by recyclers, the EPA and public fear of the word “toxic”.
- Is E-Waste Hazardous?
- Disassemble This Laptop in 30 Seconds
- October 2010 Newsletter – E-waste revisited
- February 2012 Newsletter – Alameda county and EPR exposed for their destructive, anti-environmental policies. Note: the original Mercury News link mentioned in the newsletter is broken. Use this one instead.
- March 2012 – A lament about easy littering and our acceptance of it.
- April 2012 – Thermodynamics and nuclear atoms
- July 2012 Newsletter – banning bags and methyl bromide
- March 2013 Newsletter – 3D Printers and Robobees break the design/manufacturing paradigm
- Newsletter May 2013– Reusable space vehicles much cheaper than disposable ones. Greening deserts video.
- Newsletter Oct 2013 – Scientific American denigrates renewable energy; One more tired old proposal to scoop up the plastic in the Pacific Gyre.
- August 2014 Newsletter – Film critique-A Fierce, Green Fire; Love Canal; Carrying Capacity, a failed measure; Rare Earths, Algal Fuels
- February 2016 newsletter– Announcement of my new book, corn and armyworms, new “tin” cans, a riff on responsibility.
ARTICLES BY PAUL PALMER
- Faux Zero Waste Is Spreading by Paul Palmer
- Recycling is dying and good riddance – The Death of Recycling
- Zero Waste Philosophy and Design– edited by Buddy Boyd
ARTICLES BY OTHER WORKERS IN THE FIELD
(see also the Bibliography section for many writings)
- Abstract and references from Doctoral Thesis of Robert Krausz on ZWtL failures
- Zero Waste to Landfill – A reality check – by Robert Krausz
- The Potrero Review – San Francisco likely to fail – by Robert Krausz
- Wikidwellings Zero Waste article (see especially Construction and Deconstruction)